Thursday, August 30, 2007

A sweet and productive visit


I have been re-inspired! I have been so on the wagon off the wagon it is pathetic.
I get the house clean and vow to stick on top of it then something interrupts my little schedule I have created and I fall apart.
With my cousin Kim (click for her blog) in town for the last week she has been helping me see how little steps and proper planning go a long way. I need to have a place for everything and get rid of the things that I don't need or have a proper place. One other thing she said that is sticking in my head is that the things that come into your house must earn their way in....she is so smart. She had been following along with Flylady for a while now and it is amazing how it had made her life and her family's better. I long for the peace of mind that having an organized home and plan would bring!
Tonight she came over to help me get cleaned up from the past week...since I fell off the wagon, as per usual since there was a hic-up in my little daily schedule---what semblance of a daily schedule I think I have.
We accomplished a lot, well I think a lot. I did laundry---three loads, and she did my dishes, washed my floor and cleaned my bathroom, and helped me change the sheets on our bed! She is amazing! I cannot believe I let her do all that work while on vacation and so very pregnant. What if she had gone into labour and it was all my fault, her husband would never forgive me!!!
Anyway, I guess what I want to say is thank you Kim, I love you and just want you to know how much you have helped me, not only getting chores done but also inspiring me to see things in a better light, and clearer! You have such a sweet spirit, the love of God just shines through you and it is so beautiful!
I only hope I can really change my old habits and form new ones that stick so I can be so organized and on top of things that I can scrapbook again. Something I will only let myself do as a reward once my life is in perfect---or almost perfect order. Hmmm, never mind that...I think perfect is, well a little unrealistic.
I guess I should say I have adapted a clear schedule and am abiding by it. That is the goal.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Good for you! I love flylady and I actually have you to thank for her! I found her through you and I've been FLying ever since. Just start with one routine at time. Just keeping the sink shining has helped me.

The Chatty Housewife said...

Sometimes all it takes is a pregnant woman in nesting to whip a house into order. :)

Kim said...

You are too kind!! And YOU inspire me in many ways! You are an amazing woman, wife and mom, just remember you can do anything, and don't try to be perfect. Don't beat yourself up when you fail - forgive yourself and take another baby step!! Love ya.