Monday, July 23, 2007

Kaitlyn's closet

Kaitlyn's closet had deteriorated to a sorry embarrassing mess and every time I had thought to clean it she was sleeping in her room and it would get put off. So finally I made it a priority.
I thought I would use a second bar to organize her dresses better and then she could pick one and dress herself. Bad idea!! She hid behind it, pulled dresses down, changed a few times and then pulled down the bar by trying to hang from it.
So instead her dresses are all squeezed onto the top bar but are organized by colour
and I hung her purses (my old purses) on nails underneath.

Now for my night.....out!!!!! I had a night out without the kids or Dave!
Pretty in Pink picked me up and we went to Rock Creek tap and grill for a girls only dinner and drinks. I wish I had taken the camera, we both looked so hot---and felt it too considering it was almost 40 degrees C out there! the food was great, I had the Bang bang chicken and shrimp, soooo yummy! And Pip had the Roasted veg quesadilla, something I will have to try cause it looked super delish too! Go to their menu to check em out. Anyway it was such a fun time. We got to know each other better, shared life and family stories and discussed raising kids. Something that I find overwhelms me with such a huge sense of responsibility. I want to be the best mom I can and not screw up my kids! It is such a huge job and I only get one chance and I sure hope I get it right!
Anyway it was a really nice break, I felt like I talked and interrupted way too much, (sorry pip) it was just so great to talk to another adult, really talk, with no diaper changes, wiping of little hands and faces or shushing or coloring. I even had to borrow one of Kaitlyn's purses to take with me since I have lugged the diaper backpack with me everywhere for the last 2 yrs!
Pip, thank you soooo much for getting me out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon sweetie,

I am so proud of you!

When you take time for yourself, even if it is an hour or two, it recharges your batteries. Keep doing it!

Your little princess is growing too fast! soon you will have to get her a credit card! It would make her accessories obsession easier! no, she cannot have mine. I have my own obsession-cross stitching!

Ethan is also growing too fast. He is so cute! Are you sure he belongs to Dave? I can't wait to hear and see when he starts walking. If you thought you are busy now.....

I had better get back to work.

Love you lots and miss you guys more....

Aunty Kathy

familymclean said...

Aww, thank you! I am afraid of the day Ethan walks! But I do take some comfort in knowing it should be a while...he is still onlt teetering on the brink of crawling. I must accomplish as much as possible right now, cuz once he really moves...yikes!
Love and miss you too....like crazy!