Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Today Kaitlyn is back in diapers. Yaaaa, I win....momentarily.
The whole potty training thing did not go well!! A lot of little messes around the house and no real progress, I think she is just too young and doesn't really care, I think the whole idea was such a novelty for her. Maybe it also had a bit to do with the fact I didn't really push it and she forgot about it...Maybe. I hope she stays in diapers a few more months anyway, I am just not ready! She hasn't even asked for her Dora pull-ups once today...and hasn't taken off her clothes. What a difference this makes on my day to not have to clean floors, carpets, tubs, clothes........uggg, clothes, there is that never ending pile of laundry beckoning me, begging me to be picked up off the hallway floor and be dragged downstairs to be washed. I wish I had a fairy-god laundry lady!!!!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Yeah, it really sounds like she's not ready yet. Mischievo is 2 1/2 and he pretty much trained himself. I tried getting him to go potty on the toilet a few months ago and it just turned into a big struggle, so I gave up. He just all of a sudden wanted to go on the potty and he took of from there. We haven't even had that many accidents.

BeachMama said...

I too think that sometimes they just aren't ready. J didn't train until he was 2 1/2 and it worked all within a day or two and we haven't gone back. Your time will come and it should, hopefully, be easier next time.

Beth said...

Hey! I got your comment on my blog, thanks!!! I love your blogs! How do you get those cool banners at the top? Your kids are gorgeous and you are a great writer!!!

Beth

The Chatty Housewife said...

You can get banners on top by doing this:

When logged in, click on customize and go to your template page elements screen. Add a page element anywhere you have the option to do so - using the photo option, upload your banner. Save, then click and drag that element box to the top of the main box, above the blog posts area.

Even though they don't advertise this option or include it in my template, it seems to work.

Anna- all of your banners come up as too wide for me to view properly. They hang over the edge of the outline and off the left hand side of my screen..... Hmmm.

familymclean said...

Chatty...get a wide screen, they will fit perfect, at least on everyones wide screens that I've seen. I will look into this further though, cuz I know some people whos desktops are still the standard size, hmmmm, is right.
And an even easier wasy to get a banner up is to click on customize, go to layout, click on Edit header, choose brouse from your computer, select a banner that you have made and saved and select to have the banner rather than the defaut header.(second option)
Let me know if this works.Or made sense.